Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris K.

Default Continuous Section breaks, Next page section breaks, headers a

Breads, Appetizers, Cookies. . .

There were about 10 catagories. Everything was fine. I had used tabs from
the first column to the second column in the recipes but I had to fiddle
around with it a lot. About 3/4 of the way through, I changed them all to
columns because it was much, much easier to type them and use the column
feature. I did not realize I was now creating a new section (continuous)
every time I typed a new recipe.

I found where I can specify the pages to be on the outside of each page and
I may have to settle for that as opposed to some of the other stuff I wanted
in the footer on alternating odd/even pages.

I appreciate your help!!!! I may just have reconfigure each recipe to a
table format.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Q2hyaXMgSy4=?=,

Try replacing the columns with TABLES, and removing the continuous section
breaks.

as a matter of fact: can you be more precise about why you used section breaks
for "different categories"?

I am making a family cookbook (up to 200 pages now) that has different next
page sections for different catagories and my thought was odd/even footers
to keep the pages on the outside. Worked great!!! Then in comes somone else
who changed my recipes to "columns" instead of tabbing here, there, moving
stuff around up and down like I did. It worked MUCH better and turned out
beautifully and now everything is down to the wire until I went to finish the
headers/footers. Now, they are mostly odd footer pages where a new
continious section break has been added on that page, Now there are new odd
page footers where "technically" they should be even pages and there are a
very few even pages here and there. Can anyone help? My intentions were
good, I just made a mess. Sorry. If you can figure this out, you are
wonderul.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org