Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default List Paragraph style does not follow value of SpacingAfter paramet

Turn off the "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" setting
for the List Paragraph style (in the Modify Style dialog box, click Format,
Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"wildetudor" wrote in message
I would like the first and last elements in my bulleted list - which is
formatted with the List Paragraph style - to be well spaced from the rest
of
the text (what's above and below it, formatted with the Normal style).
However, setting values for the Spacing Before and Spacing After
parameters
under List Paragraph|Modify Style|Format|Paragraph, only spaces the
*first*
element of the list from the preceding paragraph, and leaves the last
element
of the list unspaced from the following, Normal-styled paragraph.

It's only if I use direct formatting on the last paragraph of the list
that
I get the desired result, i.e. if I select the last element of the list,
go
to Paragraph Settings and set the value for Spacing After parameter.

Can anyone help with doing this by altering the List Paragraph style
rather
than using direct formatting? THanks!

PS: using Word 2007