Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Default Where can I find COMPLETE steps to save to disc?

CD's don't require formatting, unless they are to be used as a 'big floppy'
using third party packet writing applications such as Nero's InCD and
Roxio's equivalent nonsense

I have never seen a pre-formatted CD?

Packet applications are notoriously unreliable and should be avoided like
the plague.

If you want to ensure you will still have the data when you need it, use
multisession data formats using your CD/DVD writing software. Ashampoo's
Burning Studio takes all the thinking out of the process for beginners and
the more experienced alike.

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
Well... that's not always the case--at least not for PCs. All of the
CDs and DVDs I've ever bought come pre-formatted. It's just a matter
of dragging the files to them, then choosing "Write these files..."
In the PC world, if I'm told that the CD needs to be formatted,
that's usually an indication that the drive is malfunctioning.

Yes, new CDs must be formatted before data can be written to them...