Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Vertical scroll changes to horizonal scroll, how to change it

Hi Steve,

I've never seen the problem you describe, nor seen it reported. And I've been
using and supporting Word since version 2.0...

Are these desktop systems all the same hardware and Windows version?

My best guess would be that there's something in the Windows/mouse driver
configuration that may be having difficulties...

I have office pro 2003 on multiple
regular desktop computers. This same problem happens to all of them.

I have some document around fifty or sixty pages long. Usually, the first
indication of this problem is when I scroll up to the top of the page with
the mouse wheel and it stops around line five or six. I can scroll up or down
but it wont go higher. If I scroll up at that point using the scroll bar,
then the vertical and horizontal scroll will change every time, but it can
still change without me scrolling all the way up.

Im writing a book and some document have five or six chapter in it, fifty
or sixty pages. This scrolling problem is a problem Ive always had with
2003, on all the multiple chapters, on different document. I can open the
document up, everything works fine for a while, then suddenly the scroll
reverses. I can open the document on a different computer, the scroll works
fine, then suddenly it happens there to, it reverses.

I thought it was a bug in word, since Ive seen other people complaining
about this same problem on the internet, but every now and them, I get the
same reversing scroll problem in excel, and with only one page.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)