Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mr.sandog@gmail.com is offline

Default Documents opening in multiple instances, I want one instance

Update - and this is really bizarre.

Although there are four instances of Word open in the Task Bar, when I
look under the "Window" menu in each instance, all 4 documents are
listed under each instance. Weird! I only want one instance - help!!!

wrote:
I recently upgraded from Word 97 to Word 2003. I have a feeling this
is an easy fix, so here goes.

Every time I open a new Word document (i.e. double clicking on an email
attachment, double clicking on a file in a folder), Word opens a new
instance of the application. What I was used to with Word 97 was new
documents opening in a new window, in the same instance of Word. I
want this functionality back.

Also, as an aside, when is Word going to get with the program and have
tabs for documents rather than making us deal with the stupid 'Window
- Arrange All'?