That is indeed very nice. Unfortunately, as I pointed out, ordinary text
type in Word doesn't permit shading.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne

With 2 computers at home and several more at different work sites, I

remain
astonished at how differently the same colour displays on different
monitors, and even on the same monitor in slightly different lighting
conditions.

And different colour printers will produce slightly different colours from
the same document, too.

But the best gold I've ever seen done just with ordinary screen colours is
in the vertical border at http://www.helpmaster.com/index.htm. I think

it's
the shading that provides the illusion of shine.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
That looks kind of chartreuse on my screen. I would add more red, I

think
(in fact, I have to run it all the way up to 255 to get something that
looks
"gold" to me).

I recently made a graphic that was supposed to be gold on red, and the
color
I used (in Publisher) was Accent 2 (Gold), which is 225, 204, 0).

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
While I agree with Suzanne that inkjets don't simulate "metallic"
colors very well, you can try the RGB combination R=217, G=217, B=25.
To enter this, click the More Colors item at the bottom of the font
color dropdown, click the Custom tab, and type the numbers in the
boxes.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 7 May 2005 14:58:09 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

You're unlikely to find a single color that will really much resemble
metallic gold, and since fonts in Word can't be formatted with a

gradient,
you'll have to settle for a single color, which will be a sort of
orangey-yellow. There are only two ways that I know of to get true

metallic
gold:

1. Use a desktop printer that takes a gold ink cartridge in place of

black.
In this case, you set the type as black (Automatic) as usual, but it

comes
out gold.

2. Ditto for a commercial printer. You set the copy in black, and he

prints
it with gold ink.

newsgroup

so
all may benefit.

"SSchwalbe" wrote in message
I am writing up a 50th wedding invitation and would like the type to
be

in
gold. What combinations of colors should I try? I have a Lexmark

1150
printer.