gr8fuldave gr8fuldave is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Hello! The solution [a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,} worked great for me in a similar situation. I am faced with another similar challenge. I have a document that has a multitude of the following:
*lastname,firstname throughout the text (with real last and first names of clients.)

I need to highlight and cut all the above from the document.

what is the formula to search *firstname,lastname?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
Graham has given you a wildcard search term that will find all the email
addresses. Did you try the solution he gave you?

1. Use Ctrl+C to copy the search term below:

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}

2. Use Ctrl+V to paste it into the "Find what" box in the Find dialog.

3. Click More to display the rest of the dialog; check the boxes for "Use
wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

4. Find All.

5. Click on the title bar of the document to return the focus to the
document.

6. Press Ctrl+C to copy all the highlighted email addresses.

7. Open a new document and Paste.