Rey

Default How to use access query computed fields in Word mailmerge

I just upgraded from Word 97 to Word 2003. When I try to use an Access
database in a mailmerge, the queries in Access that use computed fields using
functions that I created do not show up in the Word queries available for
mailmerge. My access databases have lots of these computed query fields.
There is probably an option somewhere that I need to set to be able to do
this but I can not find a way to do that. To reproduce this "problem" create
an access database (say TryIt.mdb)with any data in it. Then define a query
called "TestQ" One of the fields there would be Example:Mydate(). In the
common code you define a function as "
Function Mydate() as Date
Mydate = Date
end function
Now create a Word document and try to link to TryIt.mdb and the TestQ query.

Any assistance on this would be very much appreciated.
--
Rey