Default Breaking up page numbers

WinXP, Word 2000

I am writing a doucument that contains figures and text. The requirements
are that the text pages be numbered sequentially but that figures not in the
main body of the text do not have numbers. I currently have the text in one
file (numbered) and each figure in a seperate file (no numbers) so that I can
satisfy the requirements by printing each seperately.

My question: If I put all the pages together in a single file, is there any
way that I can get Word to number the text pages sequentially but to leave
each figure page without numbers? Any ideas?

Thanks.