Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Copy headers/footers between documents and pages

"hmm" wrote:

I want the header of one document to be used as the header of another
document. Is there any way (in Word 2007) to simply apply an entire header
from one open document to another? (Select/Copy/Paste might be a bit tricky,
because the header has both text and graphics).

By far, the easiest is to use Copy/Paste.
Place the cursor inisde the header from the source document.
Do CTRL-A to select the whole header.
Do CTRL-C to copy.
Go to the target docuement.
Place the cursor in an empty header.
Do CTRL-V to paste.
Remove the extra ΒΆ at the end of the header.
Done!

If you want to copy everything having to do with a section (All
headers/footers, margins, etc.) you need to copy the section break itself...
But his can get tricky if you are not used to handling section breaks.

Along the same lines, I want the first page header to be the full letterhead
with address, and successive pages to include only the logo. When I check
"Different First Page," the header is completely removed from the first page.
How do I copy the main (latter-page) header back to the first page header?
(I can then edit the main header and leave the first page header intact.)

Copy/paste as above... but within the same document.