Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Convert Works wps to word received error

Microsoft is forever changing access through their security measures. Can
you send me a sample document I can test to the link on my web site?

I have, however just tested it with a Works 3 for Windows document created
from Works 9 and the converter opened that without problem from Word 2007
SP2, albeit with a security warning. Did you follow the installation
instructions correctly?

Terry wrote:
I tried the converter received the error:
"Connot start the converter Works332.cnv"

Re installed it but did not help.

Terry

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you have old Works documents, the converter supplied with Word
2007 (not 07 which is something different) may not be able to open
them. It caters only for Works versions 7-9. The one you have
downloaded appears to handle version 6 also. You can add the older
converters (Works versions older than 6) from the downloads page of
my web site.

Terry wrote:
I tried to Convert Works wps file to word 07 after running the
converter found at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displayLang=en

I received nothing but
"ÐÏ à¡± á þÿ
þÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ"

Does this mean the works file to too old or is it corupt?