Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Charles Kenyon

Default normal style

Take a look at the IncludeText Field tutorial which shows what happens when
you have style interactions between documents, some of which use the same
styles defined differently.
http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm#Tutorials

If you already have text in the new document using the updated style, then
the style definition in your new document will apply to the copied text. If
you do not, you will import the definition from the old document.

Do not copy into a new document template but rather into a new document
based on your new template, unless you are trying to create new templates.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Jackie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm currently reformatting old documents into a new style. I'm doing
this by copying the old docs into a new blank doc template and applying
the paragraph styles. However in some cases where the font was
different in normal style, reapplying normal style in the new template
will not update the style. I have to go into format styles and modify
the normal style. Can anyone explain why this happens? I'm also
putting together a guide for users so need to be able to explain this
to them. thanks a lot.