WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: deleting a cell

  1. Yes, you can delete a cell and shift the remaining cells to the right by selecting the cell you want to delete and then right-clicking on it. From the drop-down menu, select "Delete Cells." In the Delete Cells dialog box, select "Shift cells right" and click OK. This will shift all the cells to the right of the deleted cell to the right, leaving a blank cell at the left end of the row.
  2. Yes, you can delete a cell without shifting anything by selecting the cell you want to delete and then right-clicking on it. From the drop-down menu, select "Delete Cells." In the Delete Cells dialog box, select "Delete entire row" or "Delete entire column" depending on whether you want to delete a row or a column. This will delete the entire row or column, leaving a hole in the table where the row or column used to be.
  3. If you select "Shift cells up" when deleting a cell in a table, but nothing happens, it's likely because there is no content in the cells below the deleted cell. When you select "Shift cells up," Word will move the content from the cells below the deleted cell up into the deleted cell, effectively shifting all the cells up by one. If there is no content in the cells below the deleted cell, there is nothing to shift up, so nothing happens.