Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Why does a template revert to another font when saved & reopened?

You cannot create a normal.dot template by saving a document as normal.dot.
Only Word can create normal.dot and it does so when it cannot find a file of
this name in the user templates folder. You can set the default font by
setting the parameters in the format font dialog and click the 'default'
button. Save normal.dot on closing Word.

Chris wrote:
I've just created a template using Arial 11 as the body text. I
write in it and save it as normal. But when I reopen it the font
reverts to Times New Roman so the font has to be reset.

How do you get around this problem?