Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vincent[_3_] Vincent[_3_] is offline

Default MailMerge from VBA

Hello,

My program is performing a mailmerge from within Microsoft Access
using VBA. The call to perform the actual merge is as follows:

wordApp.Documents(wordApp.ActiveDocument.Name).Mai lMerge.Execute false

The problem I am having is that the parameter sent to the execute call
(false), does not seem to be working in accordance with Microsoft's
documentation. If a merge field is missing from the document, the
document pauses and displays the error. According to the
documentation, if you set false as the value for the "pause"
parameter, then this should not happen--errors should be reported by
Word in a new document. I am using Microsoft Word 2007. Does anyone
know why Word is behaving like this and how to prevent it? Thanks.

Vincent