Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] lauralevern123@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default I need to improve resolution of a PDF generated by Word.

On 4 Apr, 23:39, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:
Hi Tara,

What resolution and graphic file type are the pictures that you're inserting in Word and how are you inserting them?

If you use a PDF printer (for examplehttp://cutepdf.com) do you get the same result?
==============
"tara.aukerman" wrote in ...
Using the add-on found here
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d=F1FC413C-6D8...)
and no other version of Adobe product, I can generate a PDF from a Word doc
(2007 version).

The PDF is perfect, except that the resolution is so low that my images are
pixellated. I'm creating print documentation for software, so I have to have
at least a 300dpi (preferably 600dpi) resolution.

How do I adjust the resolution of the PDFs created by this add-on?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Have you tried simply taking adding a larger image (say 10cm x 10cm)
into your Word doc and then dragging the image into a smaller
footprint (say 3cm x 3cm) (thus compressing the dpi without loosing
the source file resolution)

....this usually works for me