Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

Default Eliminate formatting of e-mail address

You can right-click on the link and select "Remove hyperlink." That should
take care of them one at a time.

To keep Word from creating links in the future, go to Tools - Autocorrect
Options, and de-select the options for automatically creating hyperlinks. If
I remember correctly, it occurs on two or three of the tabs in that window.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Michael" wrote:

When I enter an e-mail address in a Word document it changes it to a link, by
making it blue and underlining. I'd just like it to be handled as standard
text. How can I do this? Thanks