Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default Help with type a question box.

Hi Bob

Interesting - I didn't realize this was an office-wide setting.

Cheers

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Shauna,

For the 'how to get it back' through the UI see my reply to Suzanne.
For the registry setting that stores the choice it's the one for each app
that mentions "AWDropdownHidden" in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\Toolbars\Settings

It's part of the Answer Wizard (AW) customization area.

===========
"Shauna Kelly" wrote in
message ...
Hi Graham

OK, so I turned off the box.

How do I get it back? It seems that the setting is not in normal.dot or in
the Data or Toolbars registry entries.

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Free MS Office 2007 book from MS Press, 213 pages:
http://microsoft.com/learning/office...oksfrommspress

2.. Office 2007 Beta 2 Online Test Drive, Downloadable beta,
e-learning courses, doucmentation and movies:
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

3. Send 2007 Office System Beta 2 feedback directly to the MS Office 2007
product team with this feedback tool:
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

4. Try the 2007 OfficeOnline preview website , without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control

http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033

b. then visit
http://officebeta.iponet.net