Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Numbered Lists

Hello Allison

Allison wrote:
I have a need to create a list that starts lettering with a Q, then the next
item is an A, then back to a Q, then to an A. These letters must be indented
exactly the same from the left margin.

I realize that I could use a number of techniques to achieve this result,
but which is the best and easiest in your opionion?

Outlined number lists and sort of tricking the 2nd level to look like it is
not indented when printed out. This would use tab and shift+tab to move from
teh Q to an A.

Styles? Marcos? Your help is appreciated.

I'd setup two bulleted styles, one with the Q and one with the A.

And set each style to be followed by the other.

That's a setting that only works during creation of the document (i.e.,
when you are in the "Q" style and hit return, the next paragraph
automatically is in "A" style, and vice versa). There's no way to force
anything with that setting on an existing text. Still a good help IMHO.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |