Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MollyCruz MollyCruz is offline

Default How do I remove automatically added blank pages?

On multiple occasions when working with word documents (usually large in
size) a "phantom" page appears in between sections. This page is only visible
in "Print Preview" and it appears when actually printed out, or if the
document is converted to a PDF.

I am well aware of the general rules of adding page breaks and section
breaks, etc. I have tried removing the section breaks around the €śphantom€ť
page. This just €śbumps€ť the €śphantom€ť page up to the next section break.

The only work-around I have found is to copy, section-by-section (without
the section breaks) the entire document into a blank word document and
reapply each section break, and reformat ALL of the headers and footers. This
is very cumbersome and I am hoping to learn of some obscure setting that I
may inadvertently be applying or not applying that will rid me of the
headache that is the €śphantom€ť page! Any advice is greatly appreciated!