Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
STS STS is offline

Default How do I make a mail merged numbers print decimals to 2 places

Thanks! That information will be useful in a number of different
applications, not only the number formatting.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

In Windows versions of Word you generally use Alt-F9

This toggles between the "results" view, which might look like
myfield or an actual piece of data from the data source, and "code"
vew, which might look like

{ MERGEFIELD myfield }

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

STS wrote:
How do you "toggle between fields"?

"Brig_view" wrote:

Thanks the solution was posted on this site. You have to format the field in
word by toggling between the fields and adding \#00.00. Why does excel
represent the number correctly and word does not until it's formatted?

"Brig_view" wrote:

I have an excel file used in a mail merge, the file has been formatted as
numbers to 2 decimal places eg. 10.01, 10.03. When I use this file in the
mail merge I get 10.03 represented as 10.0299999. How do I make word
represent the numbers I have in the excel file?