Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

Default Spell check does not work in Word 2007

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but "Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?S2V2aW4=?=,

Recently purchased Office 2007.

I noticed the spell checker does not work. I typed a document and misspelled
every word and spell check did not try to correct one.

Went into word options and verified English (US) was primary language.

But are you sure the text you typed is formatted in that language? When you
click in a misspelled word, look down at the status bar and check the language.
(If you don't see the language, right-click the status bar and choose to add
that from the list.)

If it shows English, what happens if you press F7 to force a spell check?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)