Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Unwanted text in TOC

If your assumption is correct, deleting the \u switch from the TOC field
code would suffice (the switch instructs Word to include paragraphs that
have outline levels 1--9 applied as direct formatting). See also
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/DocumentMap.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
The unwanted TOC paragraphs may have the wrong paragraph outline level
applied. This sometimes happens if the the document map has been opened.
Fix that in the paragraph dialog (I'm using W2007 and don't remember the
W2003 steps anymore). Then resolve not to use the document map (at least
until its successor, the navigation pane come out in W2010).

Pam

DeanV wrote:
For Word 2003, I'm picking up unwanted text in the TOC from 1) Cover page
with unique page setup 2) text within the document.

I've checked the unwanted text to ensure they are formatted with 'body
text'
and don't see any paragraph characters beside them.

Thanks.