Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Anne

I did like WP 7 but later versions of WP are not as good, and I have used
Lotus Smartsuite (9.7) in the past for its compatibility with almost
everything.. however, I lost the LS CD and WP7 doesn't like XP..

Having just trawled the net a little, I can only find LS version 9.7 and 9.8
and both can be bought for peanuts.. have IBM finally killed Lotus
Smartsuite off as a public offering?..

I now use MS Office 2003 Pro exclusively, but the price will put some off
buying it, regardless of how good the product may be..

To the OP..

Maybe buying Lotus Smartsuite (too old) and WP (too arcane) is not such a
good idea.. I have heard less than favourable reports for OpenOffice, so if
funds allow, buy Office 2003 or stick with what you have..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Wow. I can tell you're not a WORD mvp...
Methinks www.openoffice.org is better than WordPerfect!
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
Jackson

Your IP address suggests that you are in the UK, possibly in or around
the
Sheffield area, and maybe even using Force9 ISP assuming they still

exist..
there is a PC World computer store at the following address..

Meadowhall Retail Park
Attercliffe Common
SHEFFIELD
South Yorkshire
S9 2YZ
Tel: 0870 2420444

or go to this site for the store finder in the event that I have your
location all wrong (most likely)..

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/

If price is a first consideration, you may also want to look at

WordPerfect
Office and Lotus Smartsuite.. as I remember, PC World stock all of them..
well, certainly five years ago.. :-)

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Jackson" wrote in message

I have XP Home in which I am using an old version of Word 97 which I
loaded
from an old disk. It works fine still, but I have a couple of

questions --

1) Would I find much benefit in buying the latest Word?

2) If so, is this site selling genuine copies?
http://1bj.biz.allsofte.com/ They keep on emailing me!

3) or would it be safer to buy from the MS site?

Many thanks

+Jackson+