Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sally Poyzer

Default Cross reference not updating

Hi

I'm having a little trouble with cross references. I have put a 'heading
text' cross reference to a heading (set up with the Heading 1 style) in my
document. However, if I change the heading (for example, from
'Communication' to 'Communication Styles'), the cross reference does not
update (even with selecting F9). The only time it will update is if I change
the spelling within the word (eg. from 'Communication' to
'Communicat**n')...not that I'd ever actually want to do this!

Is this because Cross References are limited or am I doing something wrong??

Thanks for your help

Sally