Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chap Chap is offline

Default Converting all old Office Files to 2007 format

Sorry about that. The conversion feature doesn't work...

1) When I click on OFFICE CONVERT, Word seems to convert the file, but it
doesn't change the file name in the title bar to *.docx.
2) When I click on OFFICE SAVE, Word prompts me for a new file name.
3) And when I close Word, the previous version of the file is still in place.

The problem only exists on the network. The feature works fine on a local
drive.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Chap,

Since there were several things to be looked at in the previous scenario, it's not clear what/which item isn't working for you.

"Chap" wrote in message ...
This doesn't work for me, i.e. the original file is still in place when I
close Word. I'm going to call Microsoft, but any ideas?

Thanks,
Chap
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)