Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lee Weinreich

Default Copying Relative Hyperlinks

If I copy just the actual relative Hyperlink in Word created using a
hyperlink base, the hyperlink is changed from a relative link to a fixed
address using the full path.

If I copy text including a relative Hyperlink, the Hyperlink retains its
relative address, i.e. ..\folder\filename.doc#bookmark or
...\..\filename.xls#'spreadsheet name'!cellreference.

Since I want references to remain relative, the change to a fixed address
represent additional work as I have to edit the hyperlink and change them or
copy additional text and delete the text. I don't remember this being a
problem prior to going to Word 2003 just recently.

Can some help me understand what I need to do to keep the address relative
when I copy just the link?