Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jacqueline

Default Normal.dot versus blank document template

Thanks to all of you who replied - very reassuring! At present we
prefer to control all add-ins etc so we create any required auto-texts,
macros etc and then make them availabe to users. It means our IT dept
has to maintain these things but we are happy with that. all of our
'proforma' documents are templats and each have their own styles so
users can use styles other than our standard house style when required.