For Letter-sized pages, 0.5" is probably okay (and IIRC was what was
prescribed in most style manuals), but for books I rarely use more than
0.25" (same as my first-line indent). I sometimes also reduce the font size
by a point or two for block quotes as well.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
I believe 1 inch was required of me. The tricky part of my BlockQuotation
style was figuring out how much space before and space after to get equal
spacing when I double-spaced the whole doc.

Daiya

Yar, I think 0.5" looks much nicer myself :-)

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

In Word you don't change the margins (which are a section property) but

the
indents, which are a paragraph property. As Steve points out, the Block

Text
style already has left and right indents, though you may want to change

them
since 1" is (IMO) excessive.