Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Stretching background to full page

I am telling you that if you are using Format | Background, it is applicable
only to Web pages. If your definition of a "background" is an image behind
the text, then just use Insert | Picture, size the picture as needed, and
format it as Behind Text.

"DEBNC" wrote in message
I am trying to make another cover for a book I wrote. I used this the last
time I wrote a book. I do not need a watermark and there are other reasons
for using a background than for a website.
--
In His Service,
Debra A. Snipes

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unless you are creating a Web page, you don't want a background but

instead
a "Printed Watermark," which is just a graphic anchored to the header.

You
can insert this using the Format | Background | Printed Watermark dialog

in
Word 2002/2003, but once you've used that shortcut for inserting it, you

can
manipulate it just like any other graphic anchored to the header. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DEBNC" wrote in message
Then it will not be a background. Just a very large picture. You are

suppose
to click Format-Background-Fill Effects-Picture Tab. Then insert your
background. However, it is tiling and not covering the full page. It

use
cover the full page.
--
In His Service,
Debra A. Snipes

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Select the picture and then via the FormatPicture dialog, change

the
size
of the picture to the size that you want.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"DEBNC" wrote in message
I am sorry I do not know what to put this under but I am trying to

find
out
how to place a picture that is not html as a background without it

tiling.
How do I make it stretch to full page? If I am under the wrong

catergory
where should I put it?
--
In His Service,