Probably protected the document for forms.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
There's no way to 'lock footers in code' -- what had they actually done?

"Genine" wrote in message
We had this problem one place I worked at. Users could not switch off

the
autofit setting in the table as the footers were locked in code to

prevent
users from inserting anything that didn't conform to house style.
The only way round it was to work in normal layout so you didn't see the
footers.
Don't know if that helps.
Genine

"Jezebel" wrote:

Forget the autosize table. Having broken the footer links between

sections,
simply format each footer, using tabs, for the page width of that

section.

"Kind writer/user/programmer"

wrote in
message ...
Because some pages in my doc are landscape and others are portrait,

need
footer that more or less automatically resizes: tab settings tend to
create
footer that are either too narrow for one seciont or to wide for

another.

I created a one row, 5-cell table defined as autofit to window so

that
it
would span the page margin-to-margin. This seemed marvelous at

first,
but
it
started jumping back and forth to different sizes at about 3 cycles

per
second.

So, then I tried breaking the footer links between portrait and

landscape
sections, adding about 5 footers to maintain in a 90 page doc.

However,
this
did not resolve the auto-resize issue at all, any given footer

continues
"resize," giving the appearance of "vibrating."

How to fix this so doc displays in a stable fashion.