Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Word 2000, 2003, XP Question

Hi ?B?U3RldmVuQg==?=,

We have an application that uses Word 97. This app takes data from an SQL
2000 databse and inserts it into Word tables using SQL views. This works fine
using Word 97. When we attempt to use Word 2000, 2003 or XP the insertion
works but if the text is multi-lined and contains CR- LF charcters, they
appear as square hollow boxes and the text all appears on one line. We would
really like to move up to later versions of Word but this problem prevents
this. Anyone have any ideas how we can resolve this issue?

Difficult to give you an answer, since you don't detail how the data is put into
Word. Generally, though, word doesn't like CR-LF. If this is programming code,
try using vbCR (Chr$(13)) for new paragraphs. The same should work for Word 97,
so that you can continue to use the same code for all Word versions.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)