Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Help with type a question box.

I've just looked at the Word Help topic "Show or hide the Type a question
for help box." It says:

1. On the Tools menu, click Customize.
2. On the menu bar, right-click the Type a question for help box.
3. Select or deselect Show Ask A Question Box to show or hide it.

Note If you are hiding the Type a question for help box, it will still
display until after you close the Customize dialog box.

What this means is that you must have the Customize dialog open, but you're
not actually clicking anything *in* the Customize dialog. You're
right-clicking the "Type a question for help" box itself. You get a menu
with a single item: "Show Ask a Question Box." It has a check mark beside
it. Presumably if you click on it, you will remove the box, but, having
already read the replies posted here by other MVPs, I'm loath to experiment
with it, since there doesn't seem to be any easy way to get it back. I take
it that you can't just right-click on the menu bar to get this option?

"spysmily1" wrote in message
I can't seem to get any help on removing this box from either excel, word,

or
outlook. I have read other post that just recite the same stuff about
right clicking and unchecking the show the box. I don't have this box and
never have had it. I have many others. I have tried the suggestion that I

had
googled for in which the MVP said to go to Customize then in the Toolbar

tab
select Menu Bar and then click properties. The problem there is that I

have
no properties to click. All I have is reset or keyboard on the bottom. To

the
right I have New, Rename, Delete and Reset, but no properties at all. I am
using Office 2003