Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default mail merging formatted content

See response to your later post.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"sstires" wrote in message
Your response solved one part of my merge problem. I am converting a WP
merge document to Word. The WP document contained a caption for the
report
as well as a header row on the table. However, if I include the caption
and
header rows in the Word document before merging, it includes them for each
record. Is it possible to set these up in the merge document before it is
merged or do they need to be inserted after completing the merge? Thanks
for
your help.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Put the merge fields in the cells of a one row table with nothing else in
the main document. Then when you execute the merge to a new document you
will get the layout that you want.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"donna" wrote in message
I am trying to learn how to use this. How do I start a new thread? I
have
a question about mail merge, but I don't even know how to start a
thread
in
order to ask it. Can you please tell me how to start a new thread.

My question about mail merge is: I writing a directory on names an
address
with two columns per page. I want the name to be followed by the
address,
but some adresses have two line to them. Therefore the names don't
alsways
match up on both columns. I think I need it to add an extra blank line
for
the names that have one address line. How do I do that?

"raj" wrote:

I am using Outlook 2000 SR1 and Word 2000 SR1.

I have an email message that I need to send to everyone in my
contacts folder. So I tried Mail Merge. The body of my
message contains some formatted text and also few images. I
changed my Outlook's Mail Format as HTML and MSWord as my email
editor. When I send the messages through mail merge, the
receiver's mail is in plain text. I also tried "Includepicture" field
for
images. Still don't work with mail merge.

But, when I send a mail individually to them, the receiver
receives the mail in HTML format.

I also checked the recipient's property "Send email using plain
text only" and it is checked OFF.

Can some one please suggest me how to mail merge the formatted
contents?