Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default footnotes not showing

I've usually found that splitting the row where possible does the trick. If
the row took up the entire page, leaving no room for the footnotes, then
that would have been the problem.

"Ceedee" wrote in message
Yes - it is in a table! we're getting somewhere. One row takes up the

whole
page, but the next page has several rows. The row doesn't go over the

page.
However, I have put in an extra row and moved some of the text to the next
row, and that seems to work! The rest of the footnotes are showing ok!
thanks so much,
Ceedee

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are they footnotes to a table? I have seen this happen when (a) footnote
references were inserted in a table and (b) a table row continued over
several pages. When footnote references appear in a table, Word defers

the
footnote to the page on which the row ends. If the row extends over

several
pages, and there are a lot of footnotes, by the time you get to the end

of
the row, there may not be room for all the footnotes, at which point

Word
just throws up its hands and throws in the towel.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Ceedee" wrote in message
No. I can see them in Normal view and they are not 'hidden'. It's

just
in
print view, from #14 onwards they don't appear anywhere in the

document.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the text perhaps formatted as Hidden?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Ceedee" wrote in message
hi everyone.

I have the interesting situation where fotnotes show for some of

the
document, but do not show after #12. I have some 23+ footnotes.

When
CTRL+click on the footnote marker, I get sent to the bottom of the
document,
where you can type into the footnote, but you can't see it!

anyone know the cause?
cheers,
Ceedee