Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default how do I get out of the footnote once I get my number in?

Make sure the insertion point is in the document body, not in the footnote
text. If a footnote can't fit on a single page, it will be continued on the
very weird, so it might be better to force the paragraph containing the
footnote reference to the next page so that the entire paragraph and the
entire footnote are on the same page.

"Rhonda" wrote in message

"Rita" wrote:

I was doing my paper and I got the referance and the foot note number
then
when I tryed to go to the next page this line went across the paper and
now
everything is a footnote......help?

I am having the same issue. Here is the thing. I am trying to force a
page
break in order to insert a new page for Works Cited. If I do this at the
end
of my text, before the footnote, the footnote goes on the next page. If I
do
this AFTER the footnote, the next page is a continuation of the footnote.
Any ideas?