Schmenky

Beth,

Yes, I use Acrobat. I followed your suggestion, and now it works!

many thenx and greetz from the Netherlands!

John

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Do you happen to use Adobe 7.0? If so then their new add-in discards
changes you make to your Normal.dot. Try changing it again but hold
Shift, click the File menu and select "Save All" to explicitly save
your Normal.dot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Schmenky" wrote in message
Hi,

I have the following problem with a newly installed Word 2003: When
I want
to change the default font (using 'format, font, default'), Word
saves the
change to the normal.dot file. But when I restart Word, I get the
old default
font, and not the new one I selected (it is installed on the pc).
Any
suggestions why this occurs?

cheers, John