Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy

Default Adding text to labels

Sorry. I didn't mean to be unhelpful. I think you have the best idea yet
that doesn't require a macro that someone would have to write and by that
time, you could probably do them manually? I cannot think of a quicker
option than the one you've suggested already.
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Word Wiz" wrote in message
Of course the problem being that if you are doing this sort of task for an
office, you are more than likey a junior administrator and usually dont
get
given all the files. I am in postion of being a temp at this office and
this
ahs been ahdned to me third or forth degree.... meaning the original doc -
if
it was merged i am not sure - is not available. I will find a fix. thank
you.
"how difficult can it be to" is most definately not helpful.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

If you mail-merged them, how difficult can it be to edit the main
document
and mail merge them again? The whole idea of mail merge is to make it
easier, not harder. When you create a mail merge main document, SAVE the
file BEFORE merging, so you can easily merge it again later.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Word Wiz" Word wrote in message
My situation, I have a document with about 100 labels, all mail merged
into
doc. I now have realised I missed adding one line of text to each
label.
How
do you add text to labels already created. My quick thought was to
navigate
through each using tabs and arrows and adding a character to each
label.
Then
I was going to find and replace that character with the text I want on
each.
I know this is a temp fix, however I'd like to know the proper way, if
tehre
is one, of going about this without recreating all the labels from
square
one.