Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge in Word from Outlook Catagories

But when I try mail merge from Outlook into a .dot with Full Name and
Business Address on it, nothing happens.

I would try creating a .doc with the text/layout/fields you want but no
mailmerge data source. Save it, then make a copy and specify that as the
document to use in the Outlook Mail merge dialog box.

Do you see any signs of activity at all?

Peter Jamieson

"Stephen" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge in Word from Outlook Categories. I have
customized
the current view in Outlook so that it only shows one category and in that
category is only the Full Name and Business Address.

But when I try mail merge from Outlook into a .dot with Full Name and
Business Address on it, nothing happens.

When I try to do mail merge from Word, it says "Either there is no default
mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging
request.
Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail
client."

I have Outlook Express as my default email because I have more than one
Identity. I guess I could change the default to Outlook to do mail merges
and then change it back again to check my email but I'd rather not, if
possible.

Hopefully, someone can help me out as I am lost.

Thanks a lot for any help anyone can give me.

Stephen