Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Custom Document Properties

There are some versions in which an empty header definitely exists, from the
standpoint that it interferes with label formatting. When there is "no
header" then the top margin setting prevails. If there's an empty paragraph
in the header, the header margin prevails. The header margin can be set to
0", but unless you do this in Normal.dot (which you wouldn't ordinarily want
to do), then there's no way to "fix" labels except to use the New Document
option and change the setting on the resulting doc.

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
It's a moot point as to whether or not an empty Header 'exists'.

From an ordinary user perspective deleting the content has the effect of
(at least appearing to) delete the header.

On the other hand, the Word object model does always have three header
objects per section but ... they do have a somewhat paradoxical Exists
property.

Methinks you are being a little harsh on the poster.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"grammatim" wrote in message
I think she should tell us how she found a way to delete a header!!

On Jul 23, 12:33 am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
What *exactly* have you inserted into the header?

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

CarolsXJ900 wrote:
My document is taking forever to "repaginate" on scroll (In Print
Layout View, and this is where I want to work) and I have isolated
the problem to the headers where I have inserted fields linking to
Custom Document Properties. When I delete the header, the document
scrolls without visible repagination. When I reinsert the header, the
document takes forever to "repaginate" on scroll. If I paste the
header into the actual document on a number of pages, it scrolls OK.

Is there something I am missing in my Custom Document Properties or
when linking Fields? Any suggestions, please!!!! (This post is a
follow-on from my post titled "Background Repagination".)
--
Carol

"CarolsXJ900" wrote:

I am working in Word 2003