garfield-n-odie

In Word, if the "Always create backup copy" option is checked in Tools |
Options | Save, then the previous version of the document will be saved
with a .wbk filename extension in the same folder as the current version
of the document. If you don't have this option enabled, and if you
don't have a recent backup, then you're probably out of luck. You might
try one of the many available Windows file recovery utilities, although
they seldom work for me.

desperate in SLC wrote:

In Word 2002, I accidentally saved over a report I had written with a new
document, under the same name. I had opened up the original report in order
to use similar formatting, but forgot to save the new report under a new name
and saved over the original report. Is there ANY possible way to recover the
original report that was saved over???