Alan Lambert

Default Protected documetn in Word 2003

I am creating some Word 2003 templates in which users may only edit certain
sections and use specified formatting (e.g. a letter template where the user
may only enter the body of the letter but not touch the signature
information, headers, footers etc.). I've configured this using the Protect
Document feature and it is all working properly.

However, I've now been asked if the templates can allow diagrams (e.g.
organisational charts) to be inserted. When the document is protected, the
Diagram option on the Insert menu is disabled and I can't find a way to
enable.

Is this possible and, if so, how?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Alan