Brian Bischof

Default Documenting the template formats

I had a template for a project a while back that had the proper layout but
for some reason it was very buggy and kept crashing Word. I spent a lot of
time on this newsgroup trying to fix it and even sent the template to an
expert for review. Nothing worked and I managed to finish the project with a
few strands of hair left. Now I need to work on the document again and I
want to avoid this template at all costs. I'm going to install Word 2003 on
a brand new computer and create a new template from scratch. Is there a way
I can document the properties of the old template so I can just add all the
formatting into a new Word 2003 template? My problems last year were so
nightmarish (it was a large book that crashed every couple of minutes), that
I can't risk repeating them.

Also, please don't send me suggestions on fixing the old template. I spent
way too much time with way too many people to repeat that process again. I
just want to start from scratch this time.

Any ideas for documenting the formats in a template?

Thanks,

Brian Bischof
www.CrystalReportsBook.com