GeorgeMar

Thank you Cindy

This is causing me some problems.

Firstly, I use FileCopy because I am copying from a base document
(basefilename) that contains the bulk of the data and the layout, to a new
document (newfilename) I then customise the document using
documents.add(newfilename)

The base document and its associated template are created on my development
computer. I then put the document and the template on the customer's server.
I did not use an add-in. On the customer's server, I saved the template as a
template and that only created a local template.(and the macros were missing.
I had to copy them in again)

Here is where I am having the problem. On the customer's server, I can't
get the document to see the template. I have managed to get it to work on
one local machine, by almost rebuilding the template on that local machine,
but not across the network.

The question is, what is the best way to transfer the template from my
development machine to the customer's server and how do I get the users to
see the common template across the network?

Your help is most appreciated.

Thanks
George

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?R2VvcmdlTWFy?=,

I have a Word document created from a Word template that contains AutoText
and Macros. When I use the document on the computer where it was created,
the macros work fine.

Then I put the document on another computer along with the template through
ToolsTemplate and Addins. It seems to work. (or maybe I also save the
document as template.)

If I make a copy of the document in explorer, the document works just as well.

Exactly how are you doing this?

I have an application in Access VBA that creates a Word doc by doing
FileCopy of the base document into a new document. That copy does not see
the template's macros.

Why would you use FileCopy instead of the Documents.Add method of the Word
object model?

Have you set up this template as a global addin, or is it simply attached to the
document? When you use FileCopy and open the document in Word, what is the
attached template?

In short, if I copy in Explorer, it works and if I copy in Access it doesnot
work.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org