Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R2VvcmdlTWFy?=,

This is causing me some problems.

A lot of your problems sound really strange to me. Macros shouldn't be getting
"lost" from a file, if they're in the file (document). It may be unfair to you,
but I have to assume you're doing something wrong; what isn't apparent from the
description, however.

A template in a shared network location. Set that folder for the users'
"Workgroup templates" option (Tools/options/file locations or, better, a system
policy to make the setting in the Registry). The template will always be
available via File/New.

Other than that, if a template is located in a folder with all the necessary
permissions, any document should be able to "see" it, if it has been properly
attached to the template (Tools/Templates and Addins). If the file path to a
template could be changing, it helps to list that location in the environment's
PATH setting.

Firstly, I use FileCopy because I am copying from a base document
(basefilename) that contains the bulk of the data and the layout, to a new
document (newfilename) I then customise the document using
documents.add(newfilename)

The base document and its associated template are created on my development
computer. I then put the document and the template on the customer's server.
I did not use an add-in. On the customer's server, I saved the template as a
template and that only created a local template.(and the macros were missing.
I had to copy them in again)

Here is where I am having the problem. On the customer's server, I can't
get the document to see the template. I have managed to get it to work on
one local machine, by almost rebuilding the template on that local machine,
but not across the network.

The question is, what is the best way to transfer the template from my
development machine to the customer's server and how do I get the users to
see the common template across the network?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)