Amedee Van Gasse

Suzanne S. Barnhill shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

From: Secara, Maggie

At the time the word was coined (I've never been a verb before) the
real joke was that all too often poor Steve would have spent hours
working out an elaborate scheme (usually involving VBA) to solve
whatever problem had been posed, then I'd pipe up and say, oh gee,
have you tried this! And it would be the answer. Not always of
course, but often enough. Then there was the time I made Steve's day
completely by coming up with a whole new problem, begging for help,
to which he replied "have you tried a maggie" and of course, it fixed
everything.

It's not always the answer, true. But it IS magic. ("Any sufficiently
advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.") And it's a
place to start, it's got a great beat, but you can't dance to it. :-)

Try submitting this to The Jargon File - however they are not very
ZvpebFbsg-friendly there ;-)
Current maintainer is Eric Raymond - esr at thyrsus dot com

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.16.5.2
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?