Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default manual duplex and page order problems Word 2003

What happens if you reverse the print order for the first side, then turn it
off for the second side?

"Robert M Jones" wrote in message
Dawn Crosier, MVP wrote:
Just a thought, but try setting the "Reverse Print Order" for one set of
your prints. (Tools, Options, Print) When using Reverse Print Order,

Word
will print the final page first, and then the next to last, etc. You

may
need to play with it just a little, but since you can get it to work
performing a manual shuffling of your paper, perhaps you can let Word
shuffle for you.

Good Luck.

Ah - now that was interesting. I've ticked the box for "Options for
Duplex Printing" "Front of the sheet" - and that seems to do the shuffle
for me - but now although the right pages are printed on the reverse of
the right pages, all the pages need shuffling AFTER the duplex print is
done, to get them right side up and the page numbers in the right order.
I'll try the Tools -Options - reverse order next...
- made no difference - document still needed shuffling after the print

job.

I think I'll stick at that unless anyone has any other suggestions. It
looks like the options are either shuffle in the middle of the job or at
the end - and the latter is much much safer!

--
Rev Robert M Jones, Wimborne Baptist Church, UK
http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk