Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Find and replace

You have to run format autoformat and then check with ALT+F9. Simply
pasting doesn't cut it.

Don wrote:
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
As Terry says, this indicates that they're not hyperlinks. If his
method doesn't work for you, then try this:
1. Go to Format | AutoFormat; click Options.
2. Check the box for "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks."
You can leave other settings as they are or clear them all.
3. Click OK to close the Options dialog and OK again to run the
AutoFormat.
4. Proceed with the Replace operation described before.

Thanks Suzanne. The box for hyperlinks is already checked. When I
copy/paste the list of names and email addresses into Word, the
addresses do not show up in green, they look just like the rest of the
text.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Don" wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
I have a list of names and email addresses, for example:
Bill Smith
I want to delete the email addresses, leaving just the list of
names. Tried using * in Find (leaving Replace blank), but that
deletes everything. Must be missing something?

1. Press Alt+F9 to reveal field codes. Each email address will
look like this: { HYPERLINK " }.

Thanks Suzanne, but nothing happens when I press ALT-F9. ?

--

Advertising is the science of arresting the human intelligence long
enough to get money from it.

...Stephen Leacock