Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 97 + Word 2007

They don't share the same normal.dot. Word 2007 does not use normal.dot at
all. It's default template is normal.dotm.

If you have both Word 97 and Word 2007 installed, there will inevitably be
some interaction between them. See
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

The version of Word in the Home and Student version of Office 2007 is
operationally exactly the same as in other versions of Office. There is
nothing 'crippled' about it. Yes it does look radically different from 97.

Jack Crenshaw wrote:
I've been using Word 97 for ages. Just installed Office 2008 Home &
Student. Looks like they share the same Normal.dot. Now I can't get
97 to work as it used to. Any advice?

What is up with this H & S version anyhow? Is it a crippled version,
as in "Works"? Its current look & field is weird. Toolbars fill
half the screen.

Thanks
Jack