Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 97 + Word 2007

Add the following macro to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)

Sub EquationObj()
Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="Equation.3",
FileName:="", _
LinkToFile:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False
End Sub

Jack Crenshaw wrote:
Terry Farrell wrote:
Jack

you'll find that the legacy Equation Editor is still there fit and
well. You need to add the Insert Object command button to the Quick
Access Toolbar. Then you can use Insert, Object and select Microsoft
Equation Editor 3.0 and you'll be back on familiar territory.

By golly, there's Mathtype!! In the same way you told me to insert MS
Eq. Editor, I can insert a Mathtype object as well. It's just that
Mathtype isn't hooked into the toolbar like I;m used to. No doubt
I'll figure a way to do that eventually.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Jack